Description & Requirements
After teaching thousands of adults to play piano, I've learned 3 things...
1. Adults have limited time
2. Adults want to play songs they enjoy
3. Adults enjoy using patterns & rhythm to sound amazing
Imagine learning to play your favorite songs without having to learn a ton of music theory or having to practice for hours a day?
Click to Hide TextHow is that possible?
It all starts with understanding how to play using patterns and percussive rhythms!
After 15 years of teaching, I've figured out what works:
• I've developed a step-by-step plan to help my adult students get back into piano on their terms
• It's based on patterns and rhythms that I can easily teach you
• I've gained a MASSIVE following on YouTube teaching these patterns and rhythms
• I even quit my Civil Engineering career to teach piano online full time
Try the lessons for 14 days, completely free, and see exactly how you can finally play with feeling, enjoyment, and excitement.
When you buy the online course, you will:1) Learn the science behind rhythms and accompaniment that I use to sound incredible when I play (even if I'm playing "Marry Had a Little Lamb"). I will teach you how to think about rhythms and how to use them tastefully. You will start by building your mind-to-muscle connection so that you have control of your hands; and then you will move on to understand and apply rhythms to your songs so you can play with feeling + sound more entertaining.
2) Master my proven approach to soloing and improvising freely. Then, you will unlock your ability to write songs and jump-start your creativity.
3) Learn how to play by ear and develop your understanding of chord progressions, passing tones, and those nasty neo-soul Gospel chords. This skill alone will sky-rocket your playing abilities and spark creative wild fire.
The course is divided into 6 very easy to follow sections:
What I want you to remember is that the human soul is drawn to FEELING. If your music is lacking feeling, you'll likely continue to sound basic, get frustrated and quit something you love deeply. If you focus on rhythms and using patterns, your music will start to flow and you will enjoy playing. Try the ImprovPianoTips Online Course Free For 14 Days. Why? Because you'll never know how much freedom and enjoyment you were missing, until you break free from sheet music, awaken your creativity, and get some rhythms going.
• You don't need any prior knowledge or experience
• This course works equally well on piano or keyboard
• You only need to practice 20 minutes a day to make quick progress
• Suitable for all ages -from teens onward (not for young children)
• Perfect for people who want to just sit down at a piano and play something beautiful
"I am a classically trained pianist with no natural talent or ear for jazz or pop music. After reviewing many online programs for teaching people how to play jazz and pop, I chose Nick because he was also classically trained and figured out how to do this himself. So he understands the challenge and gets down to very practical teaching right away. I had several "A Ha...so that's how it works" moments very quickly."
Click to Hide Reviews
"This approach is very interesting, the exercises are very challenging and definitely not what you would typically find anywhere else. I bought the everything package and can rest easy knowing I can work at this at my own pace. The Added Private Facebook group also gives you great access to Nik and others taking the program on, this is a challenging course and requires you to think, the result is better technique, and a much greater understanding of what you are playing. I do not hesitate recommending this course to anyone who is "SERIOUS" about learning how to "ACTUALLY PLAY" the piano."
"I found Nik on YouTube and I was amazed by his piano skills and teaching abilities. After that, I bought all the courses and I can tell that hey are really well structured, there are many useful exercises even for total beginners. Finally, I got a proper understanding of music theory concepts, I tried to go through them quite a few times with different teachers and on my own but nobody was able to explain everything in such a simple manner. Thank to Nik I have the big picture of it. I'm able to see a lot of improvement in my playing and imporivsation skills week by week. I totally recommend the courses! Besides that, you get access to the facebook group where Nik is helping people out and giving feedback to their playing and sending some extra materials and lessons which is really motivating and just absolutely awesome!"
"Very good and well explained courses. Nik is also a great teacher who is really caring about us.
I took the complete package and was really satisfied."
"Nik is an excellent teacher and very involved in the community. He provides personalized help (with video!) within the Facebook page. Before I go on about how the courses are AWESOME, let me preface with this next statement. Other teachers I've reviewed tend to promise the world in some finite time frame (30 days is common). Not Nik. He has made statements like, "work hard" and "if you don't practice every day, the piano is unforgiving." These are statements of honesty. Every person is different and we all work at a different pace and often with more or less time available to practice. That type of honesty is what makes Nik's courses a perfect fit for anyone who wants to learn piano REALISTICALLY. As with anything, it takes time, it takes dedication, and it takes practice.
That said, the courses themselves are outstanding. Personally, I've been playing piano for over 30 years classically. These courses have helped this seasoned pianist break through a LONG lasting plateau. After "unlearning" all of the mistakes of the past, I'm EXCITED about playing the piano again. I'm working through Nik's Jazz / Blues courses currently, but also went through every one of his other courses. The rhythm course has helped me improve my playing while on stage. In the past, if it wasn't written out note by note, I had no rhythm. All you got from me is the standard: 1, 2, 3, 4, repeat. Now I find I can add fills and even improvise during instrumentals. I could go on and on about how much I love these courses for hours, but you don't have time to read it and I don't have time to write it.
So in summary, do I approve of these courses for beginner AND seasoned pianists? Yes, yes I do..."
"Great practical and fun approach to learning piano. A very structured path of progress which ensures results when done seriously and as instructed. Real time feedback and constant presence by the course instructor who happens to be a really cool guy and musician as a bonus."
"This is a really nice course. I got back into playing recently and have been practicing the Basics, Finger Strength and the RhythmTechniques4u. I have tried to practice the exercises daily (though not always succeeding) and though it is still early days I can already see a difference. Nik is also great as he gets back to you very fast with an answer to any questions and he uploads very often videos on the private channel to help registered members. Overall these lessons are a great deal as you get really good exercises for most levels for the price of one or two private lessons and the material is really good to get you going and improve your style. Just need to keep practicing."
"GREAT instruction... Nik knows his stuff and presents everything in a clear/precise way."
"I highly recommend ImprovPianoTips.You will never regret about the information you will get in Nik 's Courses, your piano playing will really go to the next level."
"I absolutely love the everything package and I think there is so much value there! I felt really plateaued with playing when I purchased the courses and after months and still going through them I can tell there is so much improvement.
Things that make the courses great are...
1) No sheets - once one breaks away from them it opens up so much possibility.
2) Minimal theory - it's very targeted to teach what's needed and how that applies to playing piano. It's not easy, you still have to be consistent and put forth the effort.
3) Price - with the everything package there are months of videos (probably a year or more for most) of content. I think one would be hard pressed to find that with any live instructor for the price. No instructor to show up to though translates that you have to have some self discipline to consistently practice and progress on your own which for some may be difficult. But, I think the process is fun for most people and you will find it motivating, thus easy to continue keep returning.
4) Private Facebook group - This has by far been a great bonus, one I was pleasantly surprised about. It's a great group to keep you motivated and fun to see where everyone is with their playing levels. Nik's presence in the room and continued instruction add to the value of the course. You're definitely not abandoned after the purchase and will continue to reap benefit with the private Facebook group. Plus there is a lot of good energy there.
5) Customer support - Simply you buy it and you're gonna be cared for. I knew I was going to purchase the everything package after getting a personal call from Nik regarding access to my account. It's obvious he's dedicated to this and providing value.
6) Platform - The videos are easy to get to and the courses are laid out in an easy to follow manner. The videos are concise and targeted to whatever you are working on.
There are so many great things about the courses. I truly think though the everything package is the best value if one is serious about improv piano. It comes highly recommended by this user.
"I’ve been playing improve piano for 30 years and I absolutely love Nik’s videos. I’m learning so much from him and really enjoying the process. He’s also made a great community for us here on Facebook."
"I absolutely recommend these courses. Of course, you have to practice, but Nick explains in a beautiful way how to achieve some level of improv faster. Good job and good energy."
"Really fun and easy to learn lessons for Jazz and Blues Improvisation! I highly recommend having a go at the lessons and as my Classical Piano teacher used to say 'Practice makes perfect!' A half hour practice each day and you'll master these fun lessons in no time! Enjoy! It's a cool You Tube Channel and Website. Thanks heaps! Cheers Cathy x"
"This is really great stuff. You might know what a sus2 chord is, but Nick opens up a whole new horizon how to use these chord structures for new songs or improvisations. I‘ve been watching Nick‘s videos over and over again and each time I discovered new and inspiring elements. No matter if you are a beginner or an advanced player you will find new ideas in the videos.
"I recognized Nikolas on youtube and got his Fundamentals Jazz, Blues & Gospel Pack. I used to play piano for 20 years and just started to find a way to get into the world of Jazz. In my opinion he takes a really strong approach to teach with a combination of theory and practical focus on Jazz chord voicing while using common melody lines as an example. His way to explain things is really professional and i think you get more than you have paid. Even after two days of practice i noticed that his approach will get me to a much higher level. Thanks a lot for this amazing course!"
"I found Nik on Youtube and he inspired me to learn more as he showed a clear path with serious exercises that you can apply to the real world! There is no doubt that they do pay off!! There is no trick, you gotta do the work and set the intention but that's the way of learning!!"
"Nik is an awesome piano player with years of experience (Classical, Gospel, Jazz...etc.) He's a great teacher with tons of fresh lessons and quality tutorials. I highly recommend his YouTube channel, videos, tutorials, online lessons and RhythmTechniques4u program!"
"Great community and insightful, helpful courses that really make a difference. Absolutely worth it as a stand alone or adjunct to traditional training ❤️"
"I have searched through several other piano teachers to find this kind of thing. Not many people understand how to teach improvisation, so I was running into a lot of teachers that kept throwing me back into sheet music, or jazz books or one that said “it just comes out” when referring to improv. Well, for me, it did not. I bought the full package and am making my way through it. Nick’s product is amazing and his willingness to help is phenomenal. Can’t rate him/it high enough!"